http://www.learn-web-development.com – How To Make an Ecommerce Website. This is a step by step guide on how to set up an ecommerce store from scratch. This video tutorial walks you through everything involved in setting up your online store. We go over setting up your domain name, getting hosting, installing WordPress, installing a free e-commerce theme, adding products, payment solutions, etc – all of the steps you need to know in order to get your online store online and ready to start accepting payments and shipping products!
If you have any questions regarding getting your store set up please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will help you the best I can!
I have been using HostGator since I started and they have always been very helpful. I would not recommend them if I did not personally have success with them. If you’re going to sign up with HostGator please use this promo code: shoponline25 and you will save 25% off, which is higher than the regular promo. I receive a small commission when you enter the code and this allows me to continue making video tutorials.
The steps to set up an online store:
1. Register domain and get hosting: 5:45
2. Install WordPress: 10:19
3. Download & install an eCommerce theme: 13:46
4. Change password: 18:39
5. Add the www: 19:33
6. Install WooCommerce plugin: 20:58
7. Create Home and Blog: 23:52
8. Re-arrange the menu: 25:50
9. Add cover image to index page: 29:20
10. Add logo: 33:26
11. Load products: 35:36
12. Add sizes to products: 39:35
13. Set featured image: 47:17
14. Add “Recent Products” to home page: 53:36
15. Replace footer: 57:12
16. Payments: 58:46
17. Setting pages to full width: 1:00:50
18. Adding a coupon code: 1:02:04
19: Create a blog post: 1:04:31